P.K. Yonge Data Breach
The University’s Privacy Office was notified of a privacy breach that occurred on July 23, 2010. Specifically, a laptop computer was stolen from a parked vehicle. As a result of this theft, a disclosure of your personally identifiable information (PII) occurred. The laptop contained information from P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School personnel database.
To comply with federal HITECH breach notification regulations, we are working with P.K. Yonge staff to complete written notification August 31; the deadline meets both Fla. Chapter 817 and federal breach notification requirements.
- Copy of letter by UF officials (PDF, 111 KB)
- Copy of police report (PDF, 18 KB)
- Answers to Common Questions Regarding P.K. Yonge Data Breach
- P.K. Yonge Data Breach News Release
- Identity Theft Brochure (PDF, 1.1 MB)